Friday, April 30, 2010

Inked

So today was the day!
I now have my first tattoo. Might be kinda cliche, but it's what I wanted, and kinda needed, so there we go.
Pain - a LOT worse than I expected, though worth it. I was counting on the theory that it feels like "scratching a sunburn", well it was more like he was slowly cutting my foot in half with a razor blade :O
And well to be honest there are some things I'm not so happy about with it, it's slightly wonky in one place and now that I look at it, it seems obvious that when i asked him to put the words in a different order, swapping hope and courage, he just moved the words about but didnt actually change the design so it doesnt flow as well as it should, REALLY nto happy about that! Hopefully it's not too obvious though. And as I said, I'm putting it up to life experience. I'm happy I got it (and very grateful to Jordanna for being my hand to squeeze!)...


Photo time :D

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My personal favourite photo face!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

End result, tattoo by James at Skin Scene, Jersey. 1hour:
Photobucket


Everyone, including me, seems to be getting unwell at the moment, thinking of you all!
XX

6 comments:

  1. Well now I'm terrified of getting mine! Reckon inside of the wrist is as bad as your foot? We're both skinny mo-fos... so, :S.

    Actually, I need to bother deciding when to get this done! Yours looks pretty damn awesome to say the least. Love the look on your face mid-ink! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love it!!!! I don't have the guts to do it though! The outcome is beautiful though and I didn't notice any of the things you said and I was looking for them!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrist is a piece of piss Meg. Try your collar bone and sturnem if you want something brutal lol.

    Looks good Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yeah Mike, but I'm a total wimp. Really. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another thing to tick off your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah thats pretty awesome, can you actually walk? I want one behind my ear or on my neck but cant decide what to get, its just so permanent. How did you decide?
    Liking your list, i can never plan that far ahead so i have one for the month/year
    Jen...x
    P.s: Liking the blog lol

    ReplyDelete